Please see our current vacancies and information on how to apply below:
Tarstone Ltd is a family-run, award-winning, road maintenance & repair SME that maintains a history of long-term service employment. We encourage and support our staff to grow and work closely to ensure continual, lasting working conditions. We do so by listening to their feedback and welcoming new initiatives.
Junior/Graduate Civil Engineer (Road Surfacing Supervisor)
Do you want to work on exciting, leading-edge projects as part of a multi-discipline team? Are you a talented and enthusiastic undergraduate? Or a junior engineer just starting out on your career journey? Are you seeking a career in professional services and project delivery? Then Tarstone Road Maintenance is your ideal next step.
Tarstone are seeking a graduate civil engineer or junior engineer to work closely with our senior supervisors. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a well-established specialist contractor in the road services area. The successful candidate will join an experienced team with long term, established client relationships across the public and private sector.
Tarstone focus on recruiting and retaining employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry. We are committed to developing our staff through recognised CPD and Training Programmes. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a growing family-owned business with upcoming plans to expand in all sectors we operate in.
- Support the Supervisors and teams in executing professional services for our clients on their projects throughout the project-lifecycle; including site visits/inspections through to site support and audits throughout the contract.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments within the Tarstone network: Traffic Management/Subcontractors/Chambers & other TS crews/Finance/Office Admin.
- Develop knowledge base and understanding of other departments to fully appreciate how we operate as a company.
- Attend customer, supplier, and stakeholder interface meetings, as and when required.
- Assist with the overall management and delivery of civil and road maintenance or surfacing construction projects, from bids and tenders through to construction and handover.
- Take responsibility for certain projects or parts of projects, under the guidance of a Senior Manager or Discipline Lead.
- Ensure all work under your supervision is being carried out in line with Tarstone’s standards and procedures, the client’s requirements and TII/road safety standards & specifications.
- Take a “hands on” approach to managing your work – developing your technical skills and experience.
- Actively promote and achieve the very highest standards in health and safety through all stages of the contract/project life cycle.
- Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System and EH&S records.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
- Ensure the site diary/worksheet is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and equipment used and operatives on the job.
- Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship. Working to minimise this and be proactive at addressing issues quickly.
- Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
- Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers.
- Ensure that only the latest issue documents are being used.
- Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
- Conduct other assignments or tasks when required.
Qualifications & requirements
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (e.g. Construction Industry Federation of Ireland or Engineers Ireland recognised training) in related construction or engineering subject (with over 2 years work experience).
- Ability to organise, plan and manage time effectively within a fast-paced, customer focused environment.
- A self-starter who displays a ‘can do’ attitude towards tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work in a team project environment.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) to interact and communicate with a varied group of colleagues and clients.
- Commercial awareness or aptitude to develop this.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word and Excel, plus aptitude using remote working apps (not essential but nice to have)
- An interest in EH&S in construction or qualification in this area very much desired.
- Previous experience in road surfacing & maintenance, reinstatements or handling mastic asphalt is very desirable.
- Must be able to travel to office near Navan and have own car/transport for site work.
- Competitive salary & benefits
- 21 days holiday, plus bank holidays (Holidays increase with length of service).
- Discretionary annual bonus and annual salary review
Contact Lorna directly with your cv (firstname.lastname@example.org), reference 01TSRSS0224 or use Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/hiring/jobs/3824876884/detail/
We’re always keen to hear from talented people from diverse backgrounds with different strengths, who can deliver new perspectives, ideas and have a can-do attitude. If this sounds like you, then send your CV to email@example.com for the attention of Lorna, putting the following reference code in the subject line: TSJobs2024