Introducing the new ELITE Temporary Safety Cover from EJ Ireland & Tarstone
In collaboration with EJ in Ireland , Tarstone Road Maintenance Ltd has developed a new composite temporary cover. This 13kg solution covers the concrete biscuit before surfacing takes place. It has a steel membrane embedded in it so it’s detectable later in the process: simply install, pave over the temporary cover safely securely, and uninstall at later date.
This solution replaces the more costly installation of steel plates/ductile iron castings over concrete biscuits at early construction phase, removing the associated issues with this current work method as follows:
– H&S concerns: insecure covers on concrete biscuit with no certification in event of accidents and no load-rating
– A tendency for covers to get pulled into the pavour while surfacing
– Poor cost benefit as a temporary solution
– Easily dislodged if not secured, exposing the Chamber (causing further issues such as water ingress, etc.)
– Extremely heavy, no lifting mechanism and subject to a lot of re-work (laborious and costly)
– Damage to cast covers occurring over the project duration (creating additional costs)
Tarstone used the first batch of ELITE TSC’s landside at Dublin Airport DUB. The road was milled to remove trip hazards and ensure better pavement quality. We were asked to install ahead of the pavement crew. Later in the week, we will remove the ELITE TSC’s and install more permanent solutions: EJ Ductile square iron single cover Norocs (EN124-2:2015 D400) and Maestro circular hinged ductile covers with frames (EN124-2: 2015 D400).
It’s great to work with a company like EJ, who quickly react to customer requests, and to see these new composite covers manufactured locally in Birr. This is a great solution to a current problem in the surfacing industry – ideal for housing developments and urban street upgrades.
Contact Sueanne at Tarstone for a quote: firstname.lastname@example.org
#work #project #safety #collaboration #innovation #newproduct #newproductdevelopment #newproductlaunch #safetysolutions #roadsafety #roadmaintenance #surfacing #quality #maintenance #compositematerials #localsupport #roadfurniture #efficiency #concrete #construction #concretebiscuit #temporarycover #temporarysafetycover