ROAD SURFACING SUPERVISOR
About the job
Are you a motivated individual looking to kickstart your career in a specialist field within the construction industry? Are you a recent graduate in the field of construction or do you have a few years’ experience in a construction or civil engineering related industry and are looking for the next step in your career? Tarstone are currently seeking a supervisor to join our dynamic team. As a Road Surface Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals, learn the ins and outs of roads projects, and contribute to the successful completion of various projects, large scale and small, throughout the country. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a well-established specialist contractor in the road services area.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for road construction, a strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills. Main responsibilities will include assisting senior supervisors, coordinating with subcontractors, ensuring health and safety regulations are followed, and monitoring project timelines. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to grow in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. The successful candidate will join an experienced team with long term, established client relationships within the public and private sector.
Tarstone focus on recruiting and retaining employees so that the company can continue to develop and succeed within the industry. We are committed to developing our staff through recognised CPD and Training Programmes. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a growing family-owned business with upcoming plans to expand in all sectors we operate in.
If you are eager to learn, have a can-do attitude, and are ready to take on new challenges, we want to hear from you! Join us in shaping a more successful, sustainable, road surfacing and maintenance company together. Apply now and take the first step towards becoming a valuable member of our team.
- Support the Supervisors and teams in executing professional services for our clients on their projects including site visits/inspections through to site support during construction/maintenance.
- Liaise and coordinate with other departments within the Tarstone network: Traffic Management/Contractors/Crews/Finance/Office Admin.
- Develop knowledge base and understanding of other departments as to how we operate as a company.
- Attend customer, supplier, and stakeholder interface meetings, as and when required.
- Assist with the overall management and delivery of civil and road maintenance or surfacing construction projects, from bids and tenders through to construction and handover.
- Take responsibility for certain projects or parts of projects, under the guidance of a Senior Manager or Discipline Lead.
- Ensure all work under your supervision is being carried out in line with Tarstone’s standards and procedures, the client’s requirements and TII standards & specifications.
- Take a “hands on” approach to managing your work –developing your technical skills and experience.
- Actively promote and achieve the very highest standards in health and safety through all stages of the projects.
- Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System and EH&S records.
- Ensure equipment is suitable, checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
- Ensure the site diary/worksheet is accurately maintained: noting and reporting any issues.
- Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
- Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
- Close liaison with the Site Foreman, Traffic Manager, and crews.
- Ensure that only the latest issue documents are being used.
- Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations and current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
- Conduct other assignments or tasks when required.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (e.g. Construction Industry Federation of Ireland or Engineers Ireland recognised training) in related construction or engineering subject OR at have at least 2 years’ work experience in a related industry.
- Ability to organise, plan and manage time effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter who displays a ‘can do’ attitude towards tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work in a team project environment.
- Effective communication (verbal and written); to interact and communicate with a varied group of colleagues and clients.
- Commercial awareness or aptitude to develop this.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficient with using a range of IT or Software systems (Pro Work App desirable but not necessary)
- Previous experience in road surfacing & maintenance, reinstatements or handling mastic asphalt is very desirable.
- Previous experience with EH&S systems and protocols very desirable.
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Min 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays (holidays increase with length of service).
- Discretionary annual bonus and annual salary review.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your cv if interested in discussing or applying for the above position.